We are excited to re-open! The safety of our patrons and staff is our top priority. We welcome you back to the LBC but cannot ensure 100% protection from the virus. Visits to this facility are at your own risk. We have protective measures in place with guidance from CDC, IDPH and Linn Count Public Health that we hope will protect staff and patrons alike. Linn County Public Health has reviewed our plan to re-open and believes we have done the best we can with the measures we have in place. We do know that some of you may have some concerns about returning and if you do not feel comfortable, we fully understand.
What to expect from us:
- We cannot allow more than 110 patrons in the building at one time.
- Various areas of the building will have limited occupancy to allow for social distancing.
- Please be aware that the space you are intending to use may not be available.
- We have done our best to space our equipment out as much as possible, with every other piece of cardio equipment turned off to meet 6ft social distancing.
- Our staff will be continuously sanitizing and disinfecting the facility throughout the day.
- We have added hand sanitizing stations throughout our facility for your use.
- Our staff will be wearing masks during their shifts as a precautionary measure.
- We will offer a Senior only (62 yrs and older) hour M-F between 10-11am. Reserved for this age group only.
What we would like to see from our members:
- Wiping down all equipment before and after use.
- Limiting your workouts to be as short as possible.
- The use of self-provided masks is encouraged.
- Social distancing– While not all equipment can be spread 6ft apart, we ask that you abide by CDC guidelines and remain 6ft apart from one another.
- Cover all coughs and sneezes.
- We ask that you use good judgement, if you are not feeling well, we ask that you do not come to the facility for the safety of others.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian present in the building.
- Children under the age of 11 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
What will be open:
- Cardio (11 people max), Machine Weights (5 people max) Free Weight Area (4 people max), Track (20 people max), Turf Room (10 people max), Fitness Studio (10 people max), i-Wall (2 people max), Family Restrooms, and Game tables.
- Courts- We will allow 10 patrons to a court, no full court basketball games will be allowed, one-hour time limit on a-first come-first serve basis. We will monitor this with staff and clipboards during busy times.
- Group Fitness Classes- Indoor classes will be limited to 9 participants, check our website for the current schedule.
- Cardio workouts will be limited to 30 minutes during busy times and staff will monitor with clipboards.
What will not open at this time:
- Rock Climbing Wall, Locker Rooms and 24/7 access.
- Programs, including KidFun, will be evaluated as things progress and change.
- Drinking Fountains- Please bring your own water, no glass containers.
- Equipment hand-out (ex. basketballs, volleyballs), please bring your own.
- Facility rentals and team practices are suspended until further notice.
M-F: 5am-9am, 11am-3pm, 4pm-9pm
Sat: 8am-3pm, 4pm-8pm
Sun: 11am-3pm, 4pm-8pm
No 24/7 access at this time
– Facility will be closed for cleaning 9-10am and 3-4pm.
– Closed for Senior Hour 10-11am. Senior Hour means only those 62 and older will be allowed to be in the building for this hour.
– Closed for cleaning 3-4pm.
Membership billing has been put on a freeze since the closure of the LBC on March 16. Memberships will be activated upon the re-opening on June 1st. For ACH/Bank Withdrawals the next ACH will come out June 5th for the month of June and July 1st for the month of July. Any member who would like to continue the freeze on their membership can opt-out in writing by email to theLBC@cityofmtvernon-ia.gov. We will need to know if you want to continue to freeze your membership by Thursday, June 4th at 12 noon.
Please contact the LBC Director, Matt Siders at: email@example.com